The Schaubühne is looking for an assistant director at the beginning of the 2024/25 season.
Who we are
The Schaubühne Berlin is one of the leading spoken theaters in German-speaking countries. At the center of their work is the permanent ensemble of around 30 actors. The repertoire includes titles from dramatic world literature as well as contemporary drama by internationally recognized authors. The Schaubühne premieres around eight new performances per season. In addition, a repertoire of over thirty productions can be seen on rotation.
In addition, there are up to 100 performances at guest performances abroad and the Festival Internationale Neue Dramatik (FIND). FIND not only brings new theater from a wide variety of language and cultural areas to Berlin every year for the first time, but over time it has developed into one of the most important international theater festivals in Berlin.
- Organization, supervision, preparation, and follow-up of rehearsals and performances in consultation with the director and KBB
- Communication of the directing instructions within the production and in-house
- Directing the script
- artistic supervision of revivals, evening performances, and guest performances
- Enthusiasm for theater and identification with the artistic program
- strong teamwork skills
- quick comprehension and strong communication skills
- Sensitivity to artistic processes
- Stress resistance, organizational skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Further foreign language skills (French, Italian, Spanish) are highly desirable
- flexible working hours, including weekend work
- an exciting, artistic environment
- Participation in productions by renowned directors
- Discounts include theater tickets, the Schaubühne café, and the nearby fitness studio
- Subsidy for the monthly ticket for public transport or the German ticket
We share fundamental social values such as maintaining personal integrity, mutual respect, and the recognition of social diversity. Our human resources policy is aimed at valuing and utilizing the diversity of employee skills. We take active measures to counteract disadvantages based on ethnic, social, and regional origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual identity. We therefore, look forward to receiving applications from anyone with suitable professional hiring requirements. Handicapped applicants will be given preference if equally qualified. Not all areas of the workplace are barrier-free. We would be happy to work with you to find solutions to make your working environment more barrier-free.
Employment and remuneration are based on the NV Bühne contract (in-house collective agreement Schaubühne).
If you see yourself in our job profile and meet the requirements mentioned, we would be happy to receive your application (attachments combined in one PDF document). Please send meaningful documents by December 31, 2023 to:
Schaubühne am Lehniner Platz
Artistic Operations Office
Confirmations of receipt/intermediate messages will not be sent. The application documents will be deleted four weeks after completion of the selection process in accordance with data protection law. Costs for job interviews can only be reimbursed after prior agreement.