As a state-owned company, Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH supports the promotion, networking and communication of culture in the capital. As a competent partner for Berlin culture and the state of Berlin, the company designs and organizes complex cultural projects and city-wide initiatives as well as themed years on contemporary historical events, commemorations and anniversaries. It runs venues and festivals and provides services for museums and other cultural institutions in the city.
In the “Exhibitions and Events” department, recurring and one-off large-scale Berlin-wide projects, events and exhibitions are developed and implemented. We realize the Long Night of Museums and the Berlin Art Week and organize the EMOP Berlin – European Month of Photography, which takes place every two years. Our unique projects included, for example, 70 and 75 years of the end of the war, the Day of German Unity 2018, the BERLIN GLOBAL - Berlin exhibition in the Humboldt Forum and the celebrations for 175 years of the March Revolution, as well as the anniversary celebrations in 2009, 2014 and 2019 in 2024 the fall of the wall.
For the planning and implementation of major events, including in public spaces, we are looking for a technical production manager as soon as possible.
- Technical planning and implementation of projects or sub-areas of large projects, independently and in coordination with the technical management of the exhibitions and events department
- Technical feasibility analyses, research into locations and conditions on site
- Control of the overall technical planning through to implementation, construction and dismantling work and follow-up
- Technical project and application development including calculations, controlling of partial budgets for the technical area
- Requirements planning, tendering and acquisition including contracting for service providers, agencies and technical staff
- Continuous control, supervision and guidance of (internal and external) technical staff during project deployment
- Interface coordination between project and management teams and other employees of the cultural projects
- Preparation of service lists and collaboration in the preparation of public tenders, obtaining offers
- Preparation of all approvals relevant to technical implementation at district, senate and federal levels
- Ensuring the implementation of regulations, requirements, etc.
- Project documentation and evaluation
- 6 years of overall subject-specific experience (including training): successfully completed training/studies or equivalent training and/or professional experience with comparable tasks, preferably in the field of theater and event technology (Dipl.Ing. Event Technology/Master of Event Technology)
- Comprehensive experience in the technical control and implementation of (large) events, ideally in public spaces
- extensive experience in the preparation and implementation of tenders
- very good AutoCAD knowledge
- good experience in the area of team management and the management of technical service providers
- good knowledge of Berlin's cultural landscape
We are looking for creative personalities with an understanding of our (socio-)political environment combined with a high sense of responsibility, an independent way of working and communication skills.
- Direct participation and organization of major city-wide events with a variety of partners (federal and state foundations, memorials, museums, exhibition halls, artists, and much more)
- an interesting and responsible job with flexible working hours as part of a flextime arrangement without core working hours at a beautiful, centrally located place of work in Berlin-Mitte with excellent transport connections
- an exciting and diverse field of activity in an interdisciplinary team with flat hierarchies and appreciative cooperation
- a transparent, modern remuneration system that was developed together with colleagues from all areas and the ver.di union (including continuous salary developments, a special annual payment and capital-forming benefits)
- the possibility of mobile working on certain days using technology provided by us
- up to 30 vacation days per calendar year with a 5-day week + 2 days off (Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve) an established, non-profit and crisis-proof company as an employer
- Further training offers for and by employees as part of our “KPB Academy” and from external speakers
- a company pension plan
- a weekly back course during working hours
Application deadline: January 28, 2024
Start date: at the earliest possible
date Limited: until December 31, 2025, with the prospect of an extension
This is a full-time position with 39.4 hours / week.
We are happy to accept applications online via our job portal - simply click on the “Apply now!” button below. Please indicate your earliest start date.
We reserve the right to conduct initial discussions before the deadline expires.
We would like to point out that unfortunately travel costs incurred as part of the selection process cannot be reimbursed.
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH strives to ensure that the city's social diversity is also reflected among its employees and therefore expressly welcomes applications from representatives of marginalized perspectives. We guarantee equality for all genders in accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act. Recognized severely disabled people or people with disabilities of equal status will be given priority if they are equally suitable. We ask that you point out a severe disability in your application if necessary.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach our HR team on +49 30 247 49 720.