The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) is committed to offering students from all over the world a first-class education. We offer our degree programs in English and/or German and are proud to have one of the most diverse student bodies in Europe. Our locations in Berlin, Potsdam, Hamburg, Iserlohn, and Dubai (UAE) guarantee an international environment for our students and our employees.
We are more than just a university and believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can feel comfortable. As part of the GUS (Global University System) network, we offer a wide range of professional development opportunities, including bachelor's and master's degree programs, language courses, and further training. With around 87,000 students at 57 locations worldwide, GUS offers a unique international network for learning and collaboration.
Are you passionate about education and want to join a university that combines diversity, teaching quality, and human values?
We are looking for a new colleague who will enrich our team in the Bachelor's degree program in Film & Motion Design at the Berlin location on a part-time basis/20 hours per week from March 1st, 2024, who supports our vision of excellent education and who is committed to positively impacting the lives of our students and staff.
We are looking for an outstanding designer who has comprehensive knowledge and practical experience in the field of film design and video production and who can also demonstrate extensive didactic knowledge and teaching experience at universities.
Your core activities and responsibilities:
- Implementation of introductory and in-depth courses in the field of time-based audiovisual media in our bachelor's and master's degree programs
- Advice and support for prospective students and students
- Taking exams, supervising seminars, projects, bachelor's and master's work
- Building partnerships with companies and Institutions for joint practical projects and further networking with the university in Berlin
- Planning and implementation of research and development projects, including publication activities
- Organization of events and guest lectures
- Acquisition of partner companies, supervision of internships
- Administrative activities and committee work
- Supervision of the studios and editing rooms on the Berlin campus
- Completed relevant university studies
- Proof of special artistic aptitude through a clear portfolio of selected artistic and design works, proof of the ability to do scientific work
- Qualified professional experience, at least five years, of which three years outside of the university, is desirable extensive theoretical and technical knowledge as well as practical experience in the areas of film/video design, cinematography, video editing, VFX, and post-production. Experience in financing, producing, and distributing film projects in different genres and formats.
- Several years of teaching experience at universities
- Ability to hold courses in English and German
- Publication and research activity desired
- Strong teamwork and communication skills Organizational skills and commitment
We offer you:
- A diverse and interesting working environment with international colleagues
- 30 days of vacation
- Various online courses as well as online cooperation offers (e.g., IBM Design Thinking)
- numerous activities and events on campus in the areas of culture, education, business, and technology
- Opportunity to develop and implement innovative ideas and new concepts.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application!
The employment requirements for a professorship are based on the provisions of Section 41 of the Higher Education Act of the State of Brandenburg. The awarding of the title of Professor by the European University of Applied Sciences requires the approval of the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg.
To examine your application, we need the following documents: CV, doctoral certificate and/or extensive list of publications, an overview of the courses held so far (scope, topic), as well as teaching evaluations, and job references/professional references (including working hours).
Please send the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2023
The university is striving to increase the proportion of women among its employees. We, therefore, expressly encourage women with a suitable profile to apply.
As an employer, we are committed to equal opportunities and the advancement of minorities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or legally protected status.
Your contact person for technical questions:
Prof. Benjamin Dickmann, Department of Art & Design, Film & Motion Design course (email@example.com)
Your contact person for organizational questions:
Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)