The Berlinale's World Cinema Fund offers from January 15, 2024 to March 31, 2024 a full-time internship
The World Cinema Fund was initiated in 2004 by the Federal Cultural Foundation and the Berlin International Film Festival. It quickly established itself as one of the leading institutions in the field of international film funding for artistic and innovative productions.
The WCF focuses on the production and distribution support of films from Latin America, the Caribbean and Pacific regions, Africa, the Middle East, Central and Southeast Asia, the Caucasus, as well as Bangladesh, Nepal, Mongolia, and Sri Lanka.
The aim is to promote high-quality filmmaking in regions with weak film infrastructure while at the same time bringing cultural diversity to German cinemas and supporting collaboration between German and European producers and partners in the WCF regions and countries. The WCF offers support in the areas of production, post-production, and distribution of feature films and creative documentary feature films.
In collaboration with other institutions, new initiatives were also launched to develop activities beyond our own funding programs.
Further information at www.berlinale-worldcinemafund.de
The internship is aimed at trainees and students who would like to complete a compulsory internship or an internship accompanying their training or studies, as well as applicants who would like to complete an internship as orientation for vocational training or for starting a course of study.
A valid residence permit is required for applications from non-EU countries.
Your tasks – design, participate, participate
- General preparation tasks for the Berlinale 2024 and assistance in organizing various events
- Coordination of WCF market screenings
- Processing of the next WCF submission deadline February 28, 2024 (approx. 200 projects from the WCF regions are expected to be submitted)
- Communication with applicants
- Assistance in preparing information for press work
- Support in the design of content for social media (graphic design and copywriting)
Our requirements - This is what you bring with you
- High affinity for world cinema.
- You are highly motivated and energetic and can also handle administrative tasks.
- Careful, careful, and independent way of working.
- Good communicative and organizational qualities and a friendly and confident demeanor (in writing, in person, and by telephone).
- You enjoy teamwork and are sensitive to the special needs of a non-profit cultural institution
- You are interested in public relations (especially social media)
- Knowledge of English and German in accordance with: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Level C1). Further language skills are an advantage
- Confident use of MS Office
Welcome to us – this is what we offer.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a friendly and dynamic team and gain insights into the processes of the Berlin International Film Festival, an established international cultural event. In addition, we offer an internship salary of € 520.00 gross per month with a weekly internship of 39 hours.
KBB is committed to diversity and inclusion in our teams. The different perspectives and experiences of our employees guarantee creativity, innovation, and success in our international cultural work. The KBB lives by an understanding of diversity that is critical of discrimination. That's why we welcome applications from anyone with suitable employment requirements. Applications from people who state that they have a severe disability will be given special consideration if they are equally suitable.
Not all workplace areas for this position are already barrier-free. However, we would like to find the best possible solution based on individual needs. If necessary, please feel free to contact us so that we can explore joint options. For further information, please contact the employees of the KBB human resources department (email@example.com) or the representative for severely disabled people (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All application documents received will be deleted after six months at the latest. The interviews are expected to take place 14 days after the application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the content, please contact Isona Admetlla at email@example.com.
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrollment, and, if applicable, certificates) by November 19, 2023, exclusively using the online apply button.
You can find further information at www.kbb.eu.