The Association for the Environment and Nature Conservation Germany is the largest nature and environmental protection association in Germany, with over 675,000 supporters. It is part of the world's largest environmental network, Friends of the Earth, and is committed to preserving biodiversity, protecting the climate, sustainability, and consumer rights. It is the German sustainability association.
The federal office of the BUND in Berlin is looking for a person from January 3rd, 2024:
Editor for video and audio in the online communication team part-time with 30 hours per week limited until December 31st, 2024. The deadline can be extended.
Application deadline: November 24th, 2023
The public relations department is responsible for communicating BUND's diverse topics and activities. A key role of online communications is to tell compelling stories in an easy-to-understand way. By using video and audio content, we want to raise people's awareness of BUND's concerns online, arouse their enthusiasm, and encourage them to work together for political change.
- Conceptual and technical implementation of video and audio recordings, as well as their post-production, image, and video editing
- You are one of the faces in front of the camera and moderate and explain our content
- Further development of existing and new editorial video and audio formats
- Image and video research, writing and editing text templates, coordination with the department
- Video and photo documentation at BUND events, campaigns, or demos
- Briefings for external service providers, collaboration with agencies, active advice on internal association inquiries regarding your area
- Perspective: Conception and implementation of a podcast format
You should bring:
- at least two years of professional experience in content creation and/or as a video producer. You have already managed and implemented audiovisual projects independently or have comparable experience.
- a completed degree in the field of audiovisual media, communication design, media technology or a comparable qualification,
- the appropriate technical know-how in dealing with video and photo cameras, lighting, audio equipment, etc., as well as professional handling of common video and audio editing software such as Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects, DavinciResolve, etc.
- a trained eye on current digital developments in the area of social media, especially Instagram, Tiktok and YouTube, as well as the corresponding different audiovisual formats
- Experience in the target group-specific creation of editorial content, confident use of the German language (at least C1), and the ability to present complicated issues in a clear and understandable manner
- a sure sense for classifying current political events, interest in the environment and nature conservation,
- You are open-minded, have organizational talent, work very independently and responsibly, and keep an overview. Thanks to your excellent communication skills, you can convey this overview to other colleagues in an efficient and friendly manner.
- willingness to work occasionally on weekends
We offer you:
- the opportunity to actively participate in shaping a sustainable society in one of the most renowned and influential German environmental associations.
- an exciting working environment in one of the most renowned and influential German environmental associations.
- personal and professional development opportunities
- high design options in the areas of video and audio
- an appreciative and collegial working atmosphere in the online communication team that wants to make a difference together
- Attractive remuneration in accordance with the BUND company collective agreement (TG4), including 13th monthly salary, holiday pay, capital formation benefits, and a job ticket.
- paid health services and offers in the area of physical and mental health.
- a modern working environment that ensures a good work-life balance through flexible working hours, the possibility of mobile working and flexitime as well as 30 days of vacation.
We look forward to receiving your application by November 24th, 2023. In addition to a short letter of motivation, we ask for a CV (an application photo is not necessary) and current certificates (PDF format). A portfolio with links (do not send video files!) to previous productions is desirable. Further documents will be requested if required. We also take the liberty of conducting initial interviews before the application deadline expires. Please send applications or questions about the job advertisement exclusively by email (max. 5 MB) to this address: personal-bgst(at)bund.net.