Kulturprojekt Berlin brings people and ideas together – in front of and behind the scenes. Together with partners from all over the city, we are working to get as many people as possible interested in, excited about and involved in Berlin's culture and history - with challenging content and in popular formats. In 2024, the men's European football championship, UEFA EURO 2024, will take place in Germany. Berlin will host six games, including the final. As a host city, the capital is host to an expected 2.5 million people who can look forward to an extensive, participatory program from the fan mile to the opening concert. Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH will be responsible for the official Berlin fan zone and will organize a fan festival. Around the Brandenburg Gate, a vibrant festival is being designed and implemented over 31 days in cooperation with numerous Berlin cultural institutions, which revolves around football and attracts and inspires all Berliners and international guests with exciting cultural highlights. To strengthen our team, we are looking for experienced program managers as soon as possible who would like to help shape this special major international event together with us and a large number of external partners from the Berlin cultural landscape.
- Project management, especially in the area of coordination of program planning and partner management for the Berlin Fan Zone of the UEFA EURO 2024 and the fan festival supporting program (concerts, cultural events, etc.)
- Operational planning and implementation of collaborations, including approaching and coordinating with (potential) program partners and event locations, as well as planning, preparation, implementation and handling of events, including time planning/management
- Coordination and event management of larger, more complex events
- Operational planning and implementation of data management and the preparation of program data for all applications, including the coordination processes with the partners as well as in close coordination with the communications department and the producing agency partners of Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
- Interface communication between the team members program and partners, as well as the rest of the team, including project coordination, project management, and management as well as administration, communication/marketing, production, technology, etc., and external service agencies, participants (partners, trades, artists, service providers* inside, etc.)
- Instruction and supervision of employees/project participants [e.g. assistants, temporary workers, junior project managers]
- Budget management and control as well as administrative tasks (e.g. creation of procurement processes in close coordination with the administration department)
- Project documentation, processing, and follow-up
The scope of responsibility and the exact task profile can vary depending on previous experience.
- At least five years of subject-specific overall experience (including training): Successfully completed studies or equivalent training and/or professional experience with comparable tasks
- Good knowledge of Berlin's cultural landscape and the events industry
- Relevant experience in program and project management, ideally in the context of major events
- Experience in supporting service providers, agencies, and cooperation partners
- Structured and careful way of working
- an interesting and varied job in a beautiful place to work in Berlin-Mitte with excellent transport connections
- a transparent, modern pay system that was developed together with colleagues from all areas and the ver.di union
- the possibility of mobile working on specific days using technology provided by us
- working in a team with flat hierarchies and appreciative cooperation
- Individually coordinated working hours as part of a flextime arrangement without core working hours
- 24 vacation days per calendar year with a 5-day week + 2 vacation days (Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve)
- an established, non-profit, and crisis-proof company as an employer
- Further training offers for and by employees as part of our “KPB Academy” and from external speakers
- a company pension plan
- a weekly back course during working hours
Application deadline: November 19, 2023
Start date: as soon as possible
Limited time: The employment is limited to the project until September 30, 2024.
This is a full-time position with 39.4 hours/week.
We are happy to accept applications online via our job portal - simply click on the “Apply now!” button below.
We would like to point out that unfortunately travel costs incurred as part of the selection process cannot be reimbursed.
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH strives to ensure that the city's social diversity is also reflected among its employees and therefore expressly welcomes applications from representatives of marginalized perspectives. We guarantee equality between women and men in accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act. We are also committed to equality for all genders. People with recognized severe disabilities or equal status will be prioritized if they are equally suitable. We ask that you point out a severe disability in your application if necessary.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +49 30 247 49 720.